3 Year Warranty for Hills Ready Made Plates
Terms and Conditions
Hills Ready Made Plates
Hills Numberplates Limited of Unit 6, Junction Six Industrial Park, Electric Avenue, Birmingham B6 7JJ (“Hills”) takes pride in the Ready Made Plates (the “Product”) it produces. All Products are thoroughly inspected before they leave the factory and therefore Hills is pleased to provide this voluntary 3 year manufacturer’s warranty on the terms and conditions set out below.
Hills warrants that the Product, when used in accordance with Hills’ published guidelines, will conform to the applicable British Standard, BSAU145 (the “British Standard”) for a period of 3 years from the date that the Product is delivered to the customer.
Subject to compliance with the claim process below, if the Product does not meet the British Standard during that 3 year period then Hills will replace the Product free of charge.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
The 3 Year Warranty Claim Process
- you must notify Hills in writing of a defect in the Product within 7 days of delivery if the defect is apparent on normal visual inspection or in the case of a latent defect, within 7 days of discovery;
- within 7 days of notifying Hills of the potential warranty claim, you must either return the original Product to us or provide adequate photographs of the alleged defect;
- Hills will then inspect the Product/photographs and determine if the defect results in the Product failing to conform to the British Standard; and
- within 7 days of Hills’ inspection it will provide a full explanation for accepting or declining the claim and either replace the Product or return the original Product if Hills have it.
This warranty does not apply in the following circumstances:
- the defect arises because the customer failed to follow Hills’ oral or written instructions for the storage, commissioning, handling, installation, use and maintenance of the Product or (if there are none) good practice regarding the same;
- in the case of any “showroom” Products or bespoke promotional Products, the defect arises as a result of Hills following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the customer;
- the customer alters or repairs the Product without the written consent of Hills;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions;
- if you incorrectly order the Product, proven by a copy of a fax, email or postal order, or if ordered by telephone, by checking the telephone call. You are reminded that all incoming and out-going calls are recorded for quality and training purposes; or
- any accidental damage caused by third parties.